lurkers, surfers and the politics of blogging
Apart from posting links I haven’t managed to write anything over the past few weeks since I set up this blog, my 3rd one. Partly due to lack of time and problems with reliable networks/access but mainly driven by the desire to post a bit of quality [the dichotomy of random thought vs cohesive conceptual structure?] and take the time to think first about content, then about structure and style – and finally the oh so powerful but mainly silent, passive and invisible audience. Who are you guys? Lurkers, ignorant surfers, bored office workers…? Politics of idenity and politics of representation are at stake.
As research student in the social sciences with focus on online social networks (OSNs such as facebook) blogging is not really easy, it seemed… why I am writing myself into being [echoing danah boyd’s claim] or is ‘cogito, ergo sum’ still valid – I think, therefore I am?
About Britta Bohlinger, CFEFounder and Director of RisikoKlár in Iceland. Native German, global perspective - previously in London and Berlin.
- RT @TheACFE: Denmark Wants EU to Play a Bigger Role Tackling Money Laundering - @business buff.ly/2t0b6dz #fraudnewsACFE #moneylaun… 4 days ago
- Facing severe prison time may be the most effective warning to similarly ethically challenged greedy #startups and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Not ready for EU #dataprotection? Many British and US organisations reminded me of #GDPR changes this week but worr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 weeks ago
- Court case review reveals: 70% of cases came from international, non-US # #Whistleblowers: Philippines, Greece, Ven… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- Held accountable for #misconduct and misuse of corporate funds, Thomas Middelhoff on life after prison. Lessons lea… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Translate my blog into your language
- 88,420 hits
- data analysis
- data collection
- discourse analysis
- editing and publishing
- informal learning
- online collaboration tools
- online tutorials
- real world
- research design
- research resources
- social media and education
- sociology of the internet
- virtual worlds