I started this blog as an undergraduate student at The Open University. The OU is the largest distance university in Europe, its headquarter is located in Milton Keynes, about 55miles/80 km up north of London, although students can be anywhere in the world. I used to sit my first exams in the British Institute in Berlin, Germany, telephone tutorials and marking of essays were provided by associate lecturers in the Netherlands and in England. In post-graduate studies most tutoring takes place online, with the convenience of late night submissions on cut-off days and a vast online library, either feature hard to beat – and likely to be the future of higher education on a more global level.
In 2005 I moved from Berlin to London where I finished my undergraduate degree and was awarded a BSc (First Class Honours), and in 2010 an MA in the Social Sciences. My German professional qualifications include auditing and quality management, I have worked within inter/-governmental and academic/research-related organisations as well as the financial sector in Germany and the UK.
I am a member of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology (SPSP) and the Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR).
- The most misunderstood and underestimated #risk remains personal #accountability. Even more so in a highly intercon… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Ambitious parents lacking integrity at the core of a large #Bribery scandal: admission for university and college i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- Managing #Fakenews - learning from Lithuanian 'elves': counter mechanics and tactics to mitigate severe misinformat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- Serious economic #crime and broken families connect: teen boys, as main deal lines, underpin rising scale and viole… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- RT @f_obermaier: Millions $ have already been recovered due to #PanamaPapers @sz @ICIJorg and hundreds of investigations initiated. And s… 3 months ago
Translate my blog into your language
- 88,650 hits
- data analysis
- data collection
- discourse analysis
- editing and publishing
- informal learning
- online collaboration tools
- online tutorials
- real world
- research design
- research resources
- social media and education
- sociology of the internet
- virtual worlds