I started this blog as an undergraduate student at The Open University. The OU is the largest distance university in Europe, its headquarter is located in Milton Keynes, about 55miles/80 km up north of London, although students can be anywhere in the world. I used to sit my first exams in the British Institute in Berlin, Germany, telephone tutorials and marking of essays were provided by associate lecturers in the Netherlands and in England. In post-graduate studies most tutoring takes place online, with the convenience of late night submissions on cut-off days and a vast online library, either feature hard to beat – and likely to be the future of higher education on a more global level.
In 2005 I moved from Berlin to London where I finished my undergraduate degree and was awarded a BSc (First Class Honours), and in 2010 an MA in the Social Sciences. My German professional qualifications include auditing and quality management, I have worked within inter/-governmental and academic/research-related organisations as well as the financial sector in Germany and the UK.
I am a member of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology (SPSP) and the Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR).
- Brutal wakeup call: #misconduct & the wrong tone at the top can entail hurricane force damage to the entire organiz… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 18 hours ago
- Smokescreening root causes? MEPs still not demanding end of exploitation & destruction of refugees' habitat & resou… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Quantity over quality drives the acceleration and proliferation of #fraud into every sector: #fake peer reviews and… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Role modeling #ZeroTolerance? Governing body MPA #oscars acts upon its Golden Boy's Weinstein severe #misconduct. nyti.ms/2kOfAma 2 days ago
- Kobe Steel data #fraud - dozens of staff involved, years of #misconduct u.I. Pledge and core #values sound hollow reut.rs/2y8eTXK 1 week ago
Translate my blog into your language
- 88,120 hits
- data analysis
- data collection
- discourse analysis
- editing and publishing
- informal learning
- online collaboration tools
- online tutorials
- real world
- research design
- research resources
- social media and education
- sociology of the internet
- virtual worlds