I started this blog as an undergraduate student at The Open University. The OU is the largest distance university in Europe, its headquarter is located in Milton Keynes, about 55miles/80 km up north of London, although students can be anywhere in the world. I used to sit my first exams in the British Institute in Berlin, Germany, telephone tutorials and marking of essays were provided by associate lecturers in the Netherlands and in England. In post-graduate studies most tutoring takes place online, with the convenience of late night submissions on cut-off days and a vast online library, either feature hard to beat – and likely to be the future of higher education on a more global level.
In 2005 I moved from Berlin to London where I finished my undergraduate degree and was awarded a BSc (First Class Honours), and in 2010 an MA in the Social Sciences. My German professional qualifications include auditing and quality management, I have worked within inter/-governmental and academic/research-related organisations as well as the financial sector in Germany and the UK.
I am a member of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology (SPSP) and the Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR).
- RT @TheACFE: Denmark Wants EU to Play a Bigger Role Tackling Money Laundering - @business buff.ly/2t0b6dz #fraudnewsACFE #moneylaun… 1 month ago
- Facing severe prison time may be the most effective warning to similarly ethically challenged greedy #startups and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Not ready for EU #dataprotection? Many British and US organisations reminded me of #GDPR changes this week but worr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- Court case review reveals: 70% of cases came from international, non-US # #Whistleblowers: Philippines, Greece, Ven… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 months ago
- Held accountable for #misconduct and misuse of corporate funds, Thomas Middelhoff on life after prison. Lessons lea… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 months ago
Translate my blog into your language
- 88,447 hits
- data analysis
- data collection
- discourse analysis
- editing and publishing
- informal learning
- online collaboration tools
- online tutorials
- real world
- research design
- research resources
- social media and education
- sociology of the internet
- virtual worlds