It was a short-lived celebrity status Tackfilm had bestowed me. In the early hours of Sunday morning I noticed Tackfilm had suffered and subsequently resorted to radical measures:
Thank you for visiting our International Hero Movie Application! Unfortunately, we’ve been forced to close this site for non-Swedish users due to the huge amount of visitors.
It seems, united we crashed it. United we mourn the short-lived existence of virtual heroes we were. Or perhaps we just flock to the next interactive video…supposed we find another one that promises just as much fun as Tackfilm had managed to give us.
Of course, Tackfilm is still available on its Swedish domain Tackfilm.se. Use Google Translate in case you can’t make sense of the Swedish instructions. If you use Google Chrome you will be able to access the site by help of a new incognito window, in case your non-Swedish IP address excludes you.
Yesterday, I had also trouble accessing Stopp.se’s website, the producers behind Tackfilm. More details on them in my previous post about Tackfilm.
Staring in a Swedish film, takes less than 5 minutes and makes you look like a global hero in a professionally made short film. Tackfilm – tack means thank you in Swedish – is thanking Swedish citizens for paying their broadcasting fees. Subtitled and smart (upload your own pic, turn off sound and run the faster version if on slow connection) it’s a toy that can potentially teach more than clever marketing.
It conveys a sense of how easy it is making someone look pretty good – in this case it’s me who’s the hero: Tackfilm features Britta – in no less than 8 (!) appearances…stunning, almost convinced myself of being Sweden’s hero 😉
- RT @TheACFE: Denmark Wants EU to Play a Bigger Role Tackling Money Laundering - @business buff.ly/2t0b6dz #fraudnewsACFE #moneylaun… 1 month ago
- Facing severe prison time may be the most effective warning to similarly ethically challenged greedy #startups and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Not ready for EU #dataprotection? Many British and US organisations reminded me of #GDPR changes this week but worr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- Court case review reveals: 70% of cases came from international, non-US # #Whistleblowers: Philippines, Greece, Ven… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 months ago
- Held accountable for #misconduct and misuse of corporate funds, Thomas Middelhoff on life after prison. Lessons lea… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 months ago
Translate my blog into your language
- 88,447 hits
- data analysis
- data collection
- discourse analysis
- editing and publishing
- informal learning
- online collaboration tools
- online tutorials
- real world
- research design
- research resources
- social media and education
- sociology of the internet
- virtual worlds