It was a short-lived celebrity status Tackfilm had bestowed me. In the early hours of Sunday morning I noticed Tackfilm had suffered and subsequently resorted to radical measures:
Thank you for visiting our International Hero Movie Application! Unfortunately, we’ve been forced to close this site for non-Swedish users due to the huge amount of visitors.
It seems, united we crashed it. United we mourn the short-lived existence of virtual heroes we were. Or perhaps we just flock to the next interactive video…supposed we find another one that promises just as much fun as Tackfilm had managed to give us.
Of course, Tackfilm is still available on its Swedish domain Tackfilm.se. Use Google Translate in case you can’t make sense of the Swedish instructions. If you use Google Chrome you will be able to access the site by help of a new incognito window, in case your non-Swedish IP address excludes you.
Yesterday, I had also trouble accessing Stopp.se’s website, the producers behind Tackfilm. More details on them in my previous post about Tackfilm.
Staring in a Swedish film, takes less than 5 minutes and makes you look like a global hero in a professionally made short film. Tackfilm – tack means thank you in Swedish – is thanking Swedish citizens for paying their broadcasting fees. Subtitled and smart (upload your own pic, turn off sound and run the faster version if on slow connection) it’s a toy that can potentially teach more than clever marketing.
It conveys a sense of how easy it is making someone look pretty good – in this case it’s me who’s the hero: Tackfilm features Britta – in no less than 8 (!) appearances…stunning, almost convinced myself of being Sweden’s hero 😉
- RT @BAC_Portal: What happened 2018 in #FCPA enforcement and what can we expect this year? ow.ly/SSY330nkVzX 7 hours ago
- Developing talent, getting inspired: #mentoring across borders is a journey that requires a whole range of skills.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 17 hours ago
- You think you know your tribe? Anthropologists can add value and mitigate losses and conduct #risk by helping… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Business Email Compromise #BEC, also known as #CEOfraud, continues to evolve - this type of #SocialEngineering… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Inbuilt bias, smart but toxic? A simple: What you get is what you give? A dilemma not to be underestimated, especia… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
Translate my blog into your language
- 88,544 hits
- data analysis
- data collection
- discourse analysis
- editing and publishing
- informal learning
- online collaboration tools
- online tutorials
- real world
- research design
- research resources
- social media and education
- sociology of the internet
- virtual worlds